I'm Bringing Sexy Back

A blog about human sexuality and sex in the news.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Casual sex in Gainesville, Florida


Casual sex in Gainesville is more prevalent than in New York, argues Shem Fleenor in an Independent Florida Alligator article. Fleenor suggests that most sorority girls confuse reality with HBO's hit show "Sex and the City." The lack of monogamy in Gainesville is disturbing. I think in college it is pretty much rare or nearly impossible to settle down with someone because of all the alcohol and drugs that so many of our dearest gators associate themselves with. I'm sure many college students both men and women would rather be monogamous but the reality is that the "college life" makes it difficult to happen. Time and time again I see plenty of women going home with men they barely know after a night of drinking at a local bar. Fleenor also concentrates on sorority girls in his article but he fails to mention fraternity guys. Most fraternity guys make it their sole mission to sleep with as many women as possible while attending this great university of ours. I believe having a girlfriend is not in fraternity guy's vocabulary or generally for most men in college.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger AMH2020UFsyllabus said...

Hi there. If you're going to quote from the sex column I occasionally got roped into writing as an undergrad at a student newspaper can you please at least get the quote right and not take it out of context? You make it seem like I'm making the exact opposite point from the one I was making. Plus, I'd have written about selfish/cheating frat boys if I'd had personal experience with them.

Please and thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home