I'm Bringing Sexy Back

A blog about human sexuality and sex in the news.

Monday, September 11, 2006

The differences between men and women


The behavioral differences between women and men is determined by the way both gender's brains work, argues a Neuro-psychiatrist Louann Brizendine in a Newsweek article.
Brizendine believes that women's decisions are based on their hormones and that men lack the ability to be as emotional as a woman.
She also argues, that women have 11 percent more neurons in the area of the brain devoted to emotions and memory. Because they have more "mirror neurons" they are also better at observing emotions in others, she says.
Although there are a couple of sources that disagree with Brizendine, I think she may be on to something.
As a long time feminist (not the gross kind that don't shave their armpits), one might think that I would be outraged at Brizendine's theory. However, as a women I feel that my hormones do take control over me sometimes (and not just during that time of the month).
An example is when I'm watching television, I get more emotional towards something on the tube then one of my male friends. Sometimes, I even may shed a tear over a heart-felt commercial. I ask myself, why am I crying???? It's not even that sad.

I think Brizendine may be right and it could be my hormones. Who knows? Maybe I'm just a big Sap?

However, I do know that when a woman and a man end a relationship, most of the time it takes a woman longer to get over the relationship. Why??? Because women spent most of the time reminiscing about the relationship and men just move forward. I find that men for the most part, don't think about the good times but rather look forward to fresh meat. It takes time for a woman to heal emotionally and men just brush it off. Just like baseball, they shake it off and move to the next base. In this case, the base is another woman. Why does this happen?

In all honesty, it kind of pisses me off that women stay in a state of misery for a while and men just GET OVER IT!!!

I wish that sometimes I could just GET OVER IT.

I think most women feel this way and I believe that hormones may be a conflicting possibility.

If Brizendine's theory is wrong, well I don't think anyone would lose out on at least checking out her book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home